Thursday, July 21, 2011

Market view



This is my last update before I'm going on vacation to Greece for 1 week - so there wont be any more updates most likely until next Friday - just so you know about this.

Markets did a boring day on Tuesday , quite flat - but after a 1.6% on Monday , markets held up quite strong actually - which is BULLISH action and marked as consolidation before it goes higher.

I think as the bears could not even take us below 1320 - there is a good chance we rally higher soon.....

I'm still holding all my swing position on TNA 79.35 and will continue to do so. Before I head out to vacation I'm going to take a little profits on my TNA position as I dont have the time to look at markets everyday - but I feel pretty confident too that markets have a good chance + window dressings into end of month + more earnings comming up - which could fuel the markets higher.

So all in all - I'm thinking about just holding my TNA swing position (selling some before) but then holding some until I'm back next Friday the 29th July.

You know - IF and only IF TNA is playing out the inverted HS pattern... well then TNA might see above 100 next which I dont really believe right now - but the pattern targets have bee quite accurate in the past and if it plays out again - then we are about to see a major rally next weeks......

We are already up nicely this week and I'm already in good profits - but if this is just the start of a bigger rally - then I should hold all to get most profits.

I'm watching thet trendline on SPX at 1354 area right now as shown on chart - IF we break this line.... then I think we could see new highs actually.....

If we get a pullback today - I would watch 1310-1315 level for buying the dip before we move higher , all imo !

The question is just - if we move to this level already in this week - I bet you that we are going to break it sometimes next week. Markets has been moving very fast up since mid June with a pullback to 1295-1300 , now the question is if we move higher.

Conclusion: Holding my swing position in TNA (selling some before vacation but also holding some - reducing risk). And I'm also going to hold some good looking small caps for a swing trade 1 week.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog - and see you all next Friday where I will be back with updates every day.

Have a nice weekend and good luck trading everyone !

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sqwii, enjoy your analysis, would you be looking at adding to long positions if we get a pull back to 1310-1315 area or would it be best just to wait for the top and short there. I feel that we are headed up to the 1350 area as well and this would be a good RR trade.

    Keep up the great work and thanks for your efforts. Enjoy your holiday in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Muzz

    As I've said Im holding my swing position TNA still - if we dip and only dip 1310-1315 is a target to buy the dip , but imo its about to buy the dips as next week we could see more upside.... IMO

    ReplyDelete