Saturday, October 1, 2011

Market view




Markets been very choppy both up and down - markets had good numbers or better than expected on Friday - but again you see it mostly does not matter what kind of numbers you get - we have experienced this many times before - its the reaction to the numbers and they can be a bit different.

The thing is - markets is still in the same range , we need to be objective and markets has just been choppy from 1120-1220 - same choppy range. I believe most people think we breakdown below 1100 - this is also what I thought last weeks - but recently my thesis has changed a bit as my target for downside were 1000-1050, but the timing in the markets seems to be wrong according to my thesis. We should have made that break last week but we did not - and instead held up in the same range pretty well.

This tells me that there is a possibility that we may see stocks moving up next week and therefore I hold on to my stocks.

Remember last days were hedge funds redemptions days which is over now - so all hedge funds who lost money this year sold their loosers before quarter end and therefore markets could have an overraction to the downside.

I think markets is getting close to 2011 lows - if they are not already in - we are going to make them this week IMO - so if you have lots of cash be prepared to buy.

So I will give 2 scenarios:

1. Either the bottom for 2011 is already in and we may rally up from here
2. The bottom is not in - but we should then make a bottom this comming week and then rally rest of 2011.

So I think its a good time to grab some short positions - I have a bottom date for 7th October to next year , so I think a bottom is very close if not already in.

I think we could see a big rebound on monday as the 30min and 60min charts suggest- so I'm bullish biased for monday and actually got some TNA before close at 33.5$

My thesis tells me to be bullish for next week and my thesis tells me a bottom is either in or will be in by 7th October 2011.

So for now - still holding my long stocks , stock redemptions is over - remember that Operation Twist will now begin + from 15th October they will give UNLIMITED money USD to EU banks..........(Kinda big QE.....)

5 comments:

  1. am wondering about those weekly shooting star candles....dont look positivr

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you say break below, is that intraday or closing? Thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be contradicting yourself here,
    "My thesis tells me to be bullish for next week and my thesis tells me a bottom is either in or will be in by 7th October 2011." How can you be bullish for next week starting Monday & then say we will have a bottom next week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jfk

    I have had a bottom date for a long time at 7th October for 2011.

    The thing is - if we break below 1119 this week , then we could flush down and see 2011 bottom around late this week.

    My thesis for this week is bullish therefore the bottom may already be in - so I have mixed signals right now - you are right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Break occurred, interested in how impacts your outlook now. Thx

    ReplyDelete